Saturday, May 30, 2009

Field Report No 2


As for RMAF 51th Anniversary is just around the corner, Subang AirBase as usual will be busy like a shaken beehive (just can't remember when was the last time Subang were not a busy base). I was detailed to represent the Squadron for the Anniversary Mess Night with my spouse.
Like other women, my wife wanted to be presentable at that night (just to match with yours truly laa) so, we decided to go to SACC Mall Shah Alam to do some shopping for tudung, small handbag and shoes. After a few hours of browsing and shopping, she gets what she wanted ( or almost all) we then went browsing for dinner. My wife said she's on diet, so I didn't want to spoil her diet plan, so I planned to have a meal to suite our own diet requirement...and the story went on...

NOODLE STATION RESTAURANT

Situated at Lot GF 26 on the ground floor of the SACC Mall, Shah Alam , Noodle Station offers a Fusion of Eastern & Western cookery. With it modern setup, it projects the relaxing dining ambience . The menu composed a variety of Noodle themed of dishes, western dishes , rice dishes , desserts and beverages too. Surprisingly the prices are reasonable, ranging from RM4.50 to RM24.00 perdish.
My wife chose Wanton Noodle Soup to met her dieting palate. Presentation wise is just like any other normal noodle soup. It consist of springy egg noodle (macam maggie je), few skinned chicken shred , fish cakes & balls,couple of wanton ( choices of prawn of chicken) , some green vege and served with litely oiled chicken broth.
The taste according to my wife, really nice for people on diet. The portion size is really generous, enough to make you filled for the whole night. If you are a 'Fire-Eater' like me a condiment of Prawn Chilly Sambal, Fermented Cut Chilles, Chilly Powder and Lite Soya Sauce are set on each table for your disposal...and this meal scorecard as as follows:-

Outlet : Noodle Station Restaurant, Lot 26 GF, SACC Mall Shah Alam
Food tasted : Wanton Noodle Soup (8/10)
Price : RM6.00
Presentation : Nice (6/10)
Taste : Good (6/10)
Portion Size : Generous (9/10)
Value For Money : Worth it ( 7/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Of course

Pour Moi, I'm so famished because I forget to take my lunch and tea, I chose Rice with Spicy Beef and Iced Honey Juice for my drinks. Hmmm Simple dish for a 'simple' person heheheh. My meal was served in a large white plate, consist of a mound of white rice, a sunny side up egg and the spicy beef. The spicy beef are made of ground meat sauteed (stirrfried with little oil with high heat) with garlic, bird eye chilly (cabai melaka) , long beans and some of their secret ingredients ....
The spicy tagging surely not up to my 'heat' level, so I ended modifying the taste by adding some prawn chilly sambal and light soy sauce...The meat texture was nice not too oily and not to dry. The long beans add the crunchiness to it and it completed my dining cycle for tonight. hahah

Outlet : Noodle Station Restaurant, Lot 26 GF, SACC Mall Shah Alam
Food tasted : Rice with Spicy Beef (7/10)
Price : RM6.00
Presentation : Nice & Simple (6/10)
Taste : Good (6/10)
Portion Size : Generous (9/10)
Value For Money : Worth every cent ( 8/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Of course


For my drink, I tried Iced Honey Juice. Really quenched my thirst and gave some cooling effect for recent dryspell weather condition ( as suggested by the menu...hmmm kena tipu aku).
The juice are served in a 'bottle like' glass (carafe) , the portion very big approx. 500ml .
The taste was very nice , no artificial synthetic sugar flavouring detected (or I'm beiing tricked again) Here the verdict :-

Outlet : Noodle Station Restaurant, Lot 26 GF, SACC Mall Shah Alam
Food tasted : Iced Honey Juice (9/10)
Price : RM6.00
Presentation : Great, looks like a gallon illusion (9/10)
Taste : Great (9/10)
Portion Size : Generous (9/10)
Value For Money : Worth it ( 7/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Yupp, certainly.

Before, I pen off, I would like to wish a Great Happy Birthday to my dear friend Mr Abbas Abd Shukor aka Abbas Kacak@KKG of WishClubMalaysia.com.

C, Ya again.

Capt Chef

2 comments:

  1. been a fan of noodle station as of late...good food at very reasonable prices...their choice of drinks and presentation is very nice...i loike...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love noodle stn n i even manage to get my skeptic hubbs to love eating there..we used to go there many times when we were in butterworth..love the springy noodle with prawns(or watsitsname -can't remember) n love the glasses..cute..
    was in ktn last week, went to the outlet in east coast mall..a bit disappointing tho..the service is crap n the presentation is bad.. the taste is not as expected..hmmm..maybe sb baru kott..dunno..but i really should find one near kl base.. :-)

    ReplyDelete