Friday, May 29, 2009

Field Report No 1

RESTORAN KEMIRA, KUANTAN

This is my virgin Field Report....As usual , being a favourite 'MPV' for RMAF, the Cessna C402B had been tasked to carry out Military Communication Flight from point A to point B, sometimes to C then D back to B , A , M and sometime free Night Stops if the Aircraft just gave up! (or the pilot).
Today , I've had an opportunity to land in Kuantan AirBase for a while ....
Thank you to Capt Siti Jonifelina Delos Santos TUDM, for her hospitality during my stay in their comfortable CSAR Detachment. Not to forget Lt Banditos WCM who took me to the famous Restoran Kemira in Kuantan.
I was informed that this food joint is famous for their Nasi Kerabu and Curry Mee..
After some talkcock and jokes , we finally arrived at Kemira. It is actualy a KopiTiam owned by a Chinese Uncle which operates the beverages stall and out sourced other stalls to some Malay Makciks that sells hot panfried item ala-minute (last minute/on demand) or pre-plate items such as Malay Kuih.
My 'Hajat' seems not approved because the famoust Nasi Kerabu already sold out, so I opted for the second target....Curry Mee. Here's the verdict:

Hmmm.. presentation wise ok lah , what do you expect from a Kampung warung, the curry doesn't live to my expectation. Had some chinese influence la..with some fish cakes, fried egg ( actually a whole half burned egg) and taugeh...for the taugeh parts ...haiya please laa take some time to blanche i properly...Because this is belanja item, I consumed it with gratitude la Bro Bandit.

To sum up:

Outlet : Restoran Kemira , Jalan Gambang, Kuantan Pahang
Food tasted : Curry Mee (4/10)
Price : RM3.50
Presentation : Ok la (4/10)
Taste : I dunno why it so famous (3/10)
Portion Size : (6/10)
Value For Money : If I lapag sangat dah x da benda nak makan, I belasah je.. ( 3/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Hmmm just to try the Nasi Kerabu


KARIPAP PANAS TUDM KUANTAN

After returning from Kemira, I was informed that was an amendment on my door close time on my next sortie to Butterworth. So more rest time for me.. That evening Capt Siti surprised us with the famous 'Karipap Panas' of Kuantan Airbase. The innocent presentation of this puffs really put some tricks to my eyes. The first bites almost take my tears out, the nostalgic moment of savouring my Grandmothers homecook curry puffs, came like flashback from a Tamil Movie with Rajnikanth soundtrack as a background. The Crunchyness of the puffs, yets gently melts in my mouth...mmmuah tres superb. The fillings are all the same elsewhere but the taste shown the love and passion ( the 'X' factor in cooking) the chef put into it. After one and another piece I ate, just couldn't help to stop myself from having seconds. Heheheh then the plate 'kosong'...

The verdicts:

Outlet : Just a table (stall) behind PERNAMA Kuantan Airbase
Food tasted : Curry Puff Panas (10/10)
Price : RM1 / 3pcs ( rasanya)
Presentation : Simple Plain Jane (5/10)
Taste : Bloody Good, Makes me cry (10/10)
Portion Size : Medium CurryPuff size (8/10)
Value For Money : Yessss, I Kill to taste one ( 10/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Yess certainly yess.

That's all folks, hope you'll enjoyed my tour today, c ya!

Capt Chef @ Ringgo (ITM HotCat School circa 1991-1994)

4 comments:

  1. kipidap bro! i can always depend on you to make me go hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. better if can tapau some for ur friend here..haha..a'way, kipidap kept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heheheh..toldja bro but that day it's not as rangup as usual..love it too.. :-) and FYI..love what u're doin..this blog i meant..just hoping u had time to do more.. :-))

    ReplyDelete