Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Field Report No 3




Salam to all, it had been quite a while since my last post. For the last few weeks I'm occupied with my sister's wedding and being the eldest son, I'm blessed with tonnes of works.
The next day after the reception, then only I had some free time for my culinary escapades. This time , I think we try to explore our local fast-food chain. I was informed by my relatives in Kedah that now they have their very own Fried Chicken restaurant....hahahha. Radix FC that is. Radix or HPA Industry is best known with their herbal coffee and tea, but now they had venture into fast food giving alternative Islamic fast food for Malaysian.

RADIX FRIED CHICKEN RESTAURANT

The restaurant Me & Family visited last week is located near Shahab Perdana Bus Station in Alor Setar. This 2 storey with striking Orange you surely can't miss even you pass through the bus station. It was about 1230H, the outlet was quite busy but managable . (1/2 full pun dah kira busy in Alog Stag). Since It was lunch time , I ordered my set meal consist of 3 pieces of fried chicken (2 choices of favour Herbal or Spicy), mashed potatoes (I meant reaaaaly mashed) and coleslaw. The drinks comes with this meal is Rossele Juice.

My first impression, " Hmmm it looks just like any other chicken meal in any local joints". The portion size of the fried chicken is reasonable generous, mashed potatoes and coleslaw came in medium ice-cream scoop sizes. The fried chicken (I took spicy) , had a crispy heavy coating and really spicy (not recomended for children). It was well marinated. You can taste the spices to the inner flesh. The only minus this is its too soggy (oily). (Radix also claimed all their chicken are organically raised.)
They achieved to defined 'mashed' potatoes by creaming it. It has no 'body' and meleleh like hell. The really include the Radix signature of hinting the taste of herbs in the mashed potatoes. The 'boleh lah' coleslaw needs more improvement. They should have decide wether to with the normal coleslaw(like KFC) or the 'tangy' coleslaw (without the mayyo like Mc'Dota's). Not in between where minced fermented carrot,cabbage and onion with too little herbal mayyo.
I just and experience where people tend to forget. But for the rossele juice I gaive them 5 stars. Lighty sweetened but the strong presence of the rossele taste really quenched the thirst .











The scores are as follows:-

Outlet : Radix Fried Chicken Alor Setar
Food tasted : Fried Chicken Meal (3pcs) (6/10)
Price : RM8.20 plus tax
Presentation : Stereotype (5/10)
Taste : Average (5/10)
Portion Size : Reasonably portioned (7/10)
Value For Money : Worth the size ( 8/10)
WIR (Will I Return??) : Just to support local fast food industry.
Note: The Food Operator have to buck up their food quality and do some R&D on their products. It's indeed a good initiative to provide an alternative muslim fast food. The big BUT here is it not fair to the customer by luring them to buy these product just because the 'Halal' brand but not the 'Thoyibba'.

2 comments:

  1. awat i tak npk restaurant ni masa pi aloq staq yea hehehe gud ones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree on the R&D thing. Never had a chance to taste RFC before but my standard is simple, as long as have better taste, presentation & service from the 'crappy' KFC, good already to me

    ReplyDelete